Monday, August 31, 2009

Why blogging?

Today I was asked by a friend - why do you blog?

I tried to explain that i write because i like writing - expressing myself without inhibitions and talking about whatever i want to say.

However, he said(something to this effect) - You can do this even without a blog. A blog is public, viewable by everyone. You can maintain a diary for it. (Now, let me clarify. By diary he didn't mean the old-fashioned hard book thick books. )

This got me thinking. I wondered why do I need to post on my blog? Then I got the answer - Everyone in this world likes to get feedback, appreciated, criticized even, by others. This comes from the need to be accepted in the society in which we come - to gel with it. Else, why would we do things just according to societal norms? The need to be accepted is profound in every individual and manifests itself in one form or the other. That is the reason why we have the social networking sites being the rage they are, these days. The constant need to say what we have in our mind to others comes from this yearning to be successful socially.

PS: I am gonna advertise this post too ;)

2 comments:

Ajay Kamat said...

Its the best way to advertise your creativity. Its a perfect way of saying, "Boss, mera bhi kuch value hai" ;)

Shruti said...

Also cos I forced you to!!! :P
Yes yes...I will want my credit always!!!!!