Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Bday Abhi

Today is 5th July. Well, you may wonder... So what... This date comes every year. But, it is the date on which my little brother was born. He is probably one of the closest persons t0 me in this world. Well, i was only five when he was born. So, i have a little story about that time related to him. You might as well find it kiddish. But who cares, i was a kid at that time. ;-) Not that i didnt think that i was all grown up.
Anyways, I had close friend Teja (Not Paresh Rawal from Andaz Apna Apna). So, just an year before my brother was born, Teja was blessed with a little sister. Being naughty and notorious that i was, i was always on the lookout for troubling him and his baby sister. And he always tried to stop me from doing that as a dutiful and responsible elder brother. This led me to be depressed (Yes, you can be depressed at 4) at the thought that i do not have a younger sister to play with. Thus, began the thoughts of me too having a younger sibling. And thus began my demands to my mother. Well, as i thought at that time, mom caved in to my demands and promised to bring me a little sister home. Being ignorant of the child birth process, i believed the words my parents said- that they'll be getting a little sister from the hospital. ( I thought they sell children there... Dumb right). Anyways, about a month before my mom's delivery, they confided in me that i will be having a younger brother instead. Initially, my reaction was that of skepticism. After all, i had prepared myself mentally for a sister. And my brain finds it very difficult to adapt to such changes. (Its a slow processor). Anyways, i slowly got used to the idea of a brother. In fact, i even began boasting about this among my friends, especially to Teja. Finally, when the D-day arrived(which is today, rewinded about 17 years back) , i was all ready to receive my younger brother and play with him. My excitement had reached its zenith. Finally, after a wait of about a day, i could lay my hands on him. Holding him for the first time and placing him in my lap gave me tremendous sense of responsibility and care for him. This is the moment when i matured from being the naughty kid in the house to a more mature boy. (Well, the process wasn't exactly immediate - it did take a few years).

Anyways, this post is dedicated to my parents who brought my brother into this world. And especially to my brother with whom i can talk about almost everything and anything, share all my stuff, share my secrets, share dirty jokes, shout at, ..... (Well, the list goes on and on).
All this stuff would not have been probably possible with a sister.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABHINAV

Cheers to your good health and long life.

PS: I still miss having a sister though (Especially at Rakshabandhan).

6 comments:

Shruti said...

OMG...You know I always thought I was so lucky to be the youngest kid in the house...Reading your post made me feel that I really missed out on somethings which are so special and can be experienced only by being the elder sibling :)

Oh darn you Deep!!! :P

Shruti said...

Btw...a very very sweet post...this one!

dashingkris said...

Dude, you reminded me of my bros birth! The great times we have shared, the secrets, the bashings that i gave him(Sorry Ram!)...the list goes on and on! Excellent post! Quite a senti one! ;-)

sweetarchie said...

:-) very very very very very sweeeet one :-) ..
U reminded me of my younger siss birth :-)
Even i miss having a brother on Rakhshabandan !!!!

Arion said...

thanks a lot bro

My-Fi said...

yaar.... Am speechless... being the eldest sis to my kiddo sis, this post moves me to tears and i walked down the memory lane :) :).. he he he.. know what?!?!?!?!?!?!?! .. I alwaz wanted a lil bro LOL